Friday, June 6, 2008

Advertising Your Website for Free using a Traffic Exchange

Because it is the start of a new month, I am sitting here working on my advertising budget for the month. If you are like me, and have limited funds for advertising, you are looking at ways to advertise for Free or at least low cost.

I wanted to give you a few ideas to try.

1. Traffic Exchanges: These are run with the idea to give the small business owner a chance to get seen. The following exchanges I use and recommend are run by WAHM's or Work at Home Mom's who are promoting their sites and helping others to promote their sites. They offer free and low cost advertising by way of ad button, banner ads and text ads. You join and agree to surf a minimum amount of sites per week,bi-weekly, monthly depending on the sites rules and in exchange you can place your ad for free for others to see. When joining there are several different options depending on your budget ranging from free to pro accounts which offer different incentives. The following are the traffic exchanges I use.

MomPoweredDreams
This one is fairly new but an awesome site. It is run by a WAHM friend of mine named Shanni who makes it her first priority to help other WAH's to succeed. Just click on the name to be taken to her site.

TheCinnamonHollow
This site is another of my favorites. It is run by a great WAHM by the name of Krystal. She also goes out of her way to help others. She offers a lot of bonus hits and makes it fun to surf. Check her site out.

WAHM-Trade
This site also offers great customer service and its owner is another WAHM who is very helpful. They are bit bigger than the other TE's but still offer that one on one service. Check them out.

FrugalWAHMAdvertising
This site is the newest of all the TE"S (Traffic Exchanges) I use so I can't fully evaluate it at the moment. It is run by 2 WAHM"S and I just started with them but have noticed good customer service as well. Check them out.

Well, these are the ones that I use. Of course there are others out there. Google Traffic Exchanges to find them. A lot of other TE's are larger and geared to different MLM and businesses. The ones listed in this blog are geared at the WAHM's( and I don't want to slight the WAH Dad's and grandparents either) and cater to the small at home business,etsy shops, craft businesses,etc.

Whether you choose one of these TE's or others out there, you can get your banner or ad button with a link to your business website seen by others and get your name out there. And, quite possibly, like myself make a few friends at the exchanges along the way.

(My next blog will cover how to get your ad buttons and banners made)

1 comment:

dawntrenee said...

Thanks for the great resources, I am just getting stated and have no advertising budget to speak of.